The importance of print
If it really is true that 90 percent of all digital images will be lost within 10 years then you need to protect your family history.
Here is what PPA is recommending consumers do to avoid falling into the digital photo void:
• Capture once-in-a-lifetime moments like a wedding, graduation, newborns, birthdays and special occasions through the work of a professional photographer.
• Allow your photographer to print photos for you in order to get quality, archival products that you will be able to keep for years to come.
• Devote areas in your home to display your photos – walls, tables, bookcases and more!
• On a vacation or over a holiday, don’t just rely on a phone, take your digital camera – and then take the memory card to a printer on your way home or immediately after the event. Put that task in your calendar!
• Buy albums and frames when you see them on sale so it reminds you to fill them with photos.
• When using a professional photographer, work with them to ensure you leave with printed photos not just a disc.